A unique approach to cover 101 handpicked questions from GS Paper IV for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019
A unique approach that covers 101 handpicked questions from Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019 – with comprehensive review and analysis for maximizing your scores in IAS 2019.
- 8 Test-based Sessions covering 101 questions on Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude in each paper
- Comprehensive coverage of Conceptual fundamentals and Case Studies
- Downloadable Question-cum-Answer Writing booklet for answer-writing practice
General Studies Paper-IV of Main Examination (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
- Ethics and Human Interface: Essence, determinants and consequences of Ethics in human actions; dimensions of ethics; ethics in private and public relationships. Human Values lessons from the lives and teachings of great leaders, reformers and administrators; role of family, society and educational institutions in inculcating values.
- Attitude: content, structure, function; its influence and relation with thought and behaviour; moral and political attitudes; social influence and persuasion.
- Aptitude and foundational values for Civil Service: integrity, impartiality and non-partisanship, objectivity, dedication to public service, empathy, tolerance and compassion towards the weaker sections.
- Emotional intelligence: concepts, and their utilities and application in administration and governance.
- Contributions of moral thinkers and philosophers from India and world.
- Public/Civil service values and Ethics in Public administration: Status and problems; ethical concerns and dilemmas in government and private institutions; laws, rules, regulations and conscience as sources of ethical guidance; accountability and ethical governance; strengthening of ethical and moral values in governance; ethical issues in international relations and funding; corporate governance.
- Probity in Governance: Concept of public service; Philosophical basis of governance and probity; Information sharing and transparency in government, Right to Information, Codes of Ethics, Codes of Conduct, Citizen’s Charters, Work culture, Quality of service delivery, Utilization of public funds, challenges of corruption.
- Case Studies on above issues.