A unique approach to cover 101 handpicked questions from GS Paper III for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019
A unique approach that covers 101 handpicked questions from Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019 – with comprehensive review and analysis for maximizing your scores in IAS 2019.
- 8 Test-based Sessions covering 101 questions on Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management in each paper
- Comprehensive coverage of Conceptual and Contemporary issues
- Downloadable Question-cum-Answer Writing booklet for answer-writing practice
General Studies Paper-III of Main Examination (Technology, Economic Development, Bio diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Indian Economy and issues relating to planning, mobilization of resources, growth, development and employment.
- Inclusive growth and issues arising from it.
- Government Budgeting.
- Major crops cropping patterns in various parts of the country, different types of irrigation and irrigation systems storage, transport and marketing of agricultural produce and issues and related constraints; e-technology in the aid of farmers.
- Issues related to direct and indirect farm subsidies and minimum support prices; Public Distribution System – objectives, functioning, limitations, revamping; issues of buffer stocks and food security; Technology missions; economics of animal-rearing.
- Food processing and related industries in India – scope and significance, location, upstream and downstream requirements, supply chain management.
- Land reforms in India.
- Effects of liberalization on the economy, changes in industrial policy and their effects on industrial growth.
- Infrastructure: Energy, Ports, Roads, Airports, Railways, etc.
- Investment models.
- Science and Technology – developments and their applications and effects in everyday life Achievements of Indians in science & technology; indigenization of technology and developing new technology.
- Awareness in the fields of IT, Space, Computers, robotics, nano-technology, bio-technology and issues relating to intellectual property rights.
Bio-diversity, Environment and Disaster Management
- Conservation, environmental pollution and degradation, environmental impact assessment.
- Disaster and disaster management.
- Linkages between development and spread of extremism.
- Role of external state and non-state actors in creating challenges to internal security.
- Challenges to internal security through communication networks, role of media and social networking sites in internal security challenges, basics of cyber security; money-laundering and its prevention.
- Security challenges and their management in border areas; linkages of organized crime with terrorism.
- Various Security forces and agencies and their mandate..