A unique approach to cover 101 handpicked questions from GS Paper II for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019
A unique approach that covers 101 handpicked questions from Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019 – with comprehensive review and analysis for maximizing your scores in IAS 2019.
- 8 Test-based Sessions covering 101 questions on Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations in each paper
- Comprehensive coverage of Conceptual and Contemporary issues
- Downloadable Question-cum-Answer Writing booklet for answer-writing practice
General Studies Paper-II of Main Examination (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
Polity, Constitution and Governance
- Indian Constitution- historical underpinnings, evolution, features, amendments, significant provisions and basic structure.
- Functions and responsibilities of the Union and the States, issues and challenges pertaining to the federal structure, devolution of powers and finances up to local levels and challenges therein.
- Separation of powers between various organs dispute redressal mechanisms and institutions.
- Comparison of the Indian constitutional scheme with that of other countries.
- Parliament and State Legislatures – structure, functioning, conduct of business, powers & privileges and issues arising out of these.
- Structure, organization and functioning of the Executive and the Judiciary Ministries and Departments of the Government; pressure groups and formal/informal associations and their role in the Polity.
- Salient features of the Representation of People s Act.
- Appointment to various Constitutional posts, powers, functions and responsibilities of various Constitutional Bodies.
- Statutory, regulatory and various quasi-judicial bodies.
- Government policies and interventions for development in various sectors and issues arising out of their design and implementation.
- Development processes and the development industry- the role of NGOs, SHGs, various groups and associations, donors, charities, institutional and other stakeholders.
- Welfare schemes for vulnerable sections of the population by the Centre and States and the performance of these schemes; mechanisms, laws, institutions and Bodies constituted for the protection and betterment of these vulnerable sections.
- Issues relating to development and management of Social Sector or Services relating to Health, Education, Human Resources.
- Issues relating to poverty and hunger.
- Important aspects of governance, transparency and accountability, e-governance- applications, models, successes, limitations, and potential; citizens charters, transparency & accountability and institutional and other measures.
- Role of civil services in a democracy.
- India and its neighborhood- relations.
- Bilateral, regional and global groupings and agreements involving India and/or affecting India s interests.
- Effect of policies and politics of developed and developing countries on India s interests, Indian diaspora.
- Important International institutions, agencies and fora- their structure, mandate.