A unique approach to cover 101 handpicked questions from GS Paper I for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019
A unique approach that covers 101 handpicked questions from Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society for UPSC IAS MAINS 2019 – with comprehensive review and analysis for maximizing your scores in IAS 2019.
- 8 Test-based Sessions covering 101 questions on Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society in each paper
- Comprehensive coverage of Conceptual and Contemporary issues
- Downloadable Question-cum-Answer Writing booklet for answer-writing practice
General Studies Paper-I of Main Examination (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)
Indian Heritage and Culture
- Indian culture will cover the salient aspects of Art Forms, Literature and Architecture from ancient to modern times.
- Modern Indian History from about the middle of the eighteenth century until the present – significant events, personalities, issues
- The Freedom Struggle – its various stages and important contributors /contributions from different parts of the country.
- Post-independence consolidation and reorganization within the country.
History of the World
- History of the world will include events from 18th century such as industrial revolution, world wars, redrawal of national boundaries, colonization, decolonization, political philosophies like communism, capitalism, socialism etc. their forms and effect on the society.
- Salient features of Indian Society, Diversity of India.
- Role of women and women’s organization, population and associated issues, poverty and developmental issues, urbanization, their problems and their remedies.
- Effects of globalization on Indian society
- Social empowerment, communalism, regionalism & secularism.
Geography of the World
- Salient features of world’s Physical Geography.
- Distribution of key natural resources across the world (including South Asia and the Indian sub-continent); factors responsible for the location of primary, secondary, and tertiary sec- tor industries in various parts of the world (including India)
- Important Geophysical phenomena such as earthquakes, Tsunami, Volcanic activity, cyclone etc., geographical features and their location – changes in critical geographical features (including waterbodies and ice-caps) and in flora and fauna and the effects of such changes.